Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Old Faithful

Okay, so I know I'm not the only one out there that has "old faithfuls." You know what I'm talking about...your favorite dishes at your favorite restaurants. At just about every restaurant, I have one or two "old faithful" dishes. For me, "old faithfuls" become just that for one of two reasons: 1) it is a dish that is so spectacularly unique to the restaurant, or 2) I feel like I'm getting a tasty dish for a really good value (read = good eats on the cheap). :)

I rarely, if ever, venture outside of my "old faithfuls."

However, in the last week, I've felt unusually frisky and ordered outside my norm at two (yes, count 'em...TWO!) restaurants. And you know, I was disappointed beyond all belief in BOTH dishes. That's what I get. :( I should have known. The very second I took a bite, I thought to myself, "WHHHHY?? WHHHHY DID I DO THIS!?." I felt so let down because I walked away hungry and like I had wasted my money. And the way this economy is going, who wants to feel like they're wasting they're money?

That brings me to reason #2,335,687 why I love Keva Juice. While I do have "old faithfuls" at Keva, I am NEVER hesitant to try one of their new smoothies or juices. Knowing that they use real fruit and 100% fruit juice (no concentrate here, ladies and gents) gives me the confidence that no matter what I try, I know I'll love it! Keva Juice smoothies are always tasty and blended to perfection.

So, tell me, what are some of your tried and true "old faithfuls"? What are some things you've been disappointed in?

PS - Not to name names...BUT a certain Asian-style chicken dish at a certain fast food restaurant is NOT worth the money! ;

No comments:

Post a Comment