Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Do I drink enough water? Do you?

Drinking enough water seems so hard sometimes. You know the old rule: drink eight 8oz glasses of water a day. If you aren't used to drinking that much water, it can really seem like a lot! Trust me, I know!

First of all, it's really important to know why drinking water and staying hydrated (especially during the summer!) is important. Water makes up 60% - 70% of your body weight. Just about every system in your body depends on it! Water helps regulate your body temperature and protects your body organs and tissues. It carries important nutrients to your cells and organs and helps dissolve minerals to make them accessible to your body.

Whether your goal is to lose weight, keep your heart healthy, get more energy, or improve your skin, drinking enough water is absolutely necessary. Now that you know how important it is, how do you get in the habit?

Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Carry a bottle or mug around with you all the time. Try to drink enough so that you never feel thirsty.
2. Get your body moving! Exercising will warm your body up and make you want to drink more water. Be sure to drink water before and after you exercise to stay properly hydrated!
3. Substitute a glass of water for one drink a day. If you normally drink two cups of coffee in the morning, try drinking one cup of coffee and one cup of water. If you would normally get a soft drink with your lunch, have a glass of water instead. You get the idea.
4. Write it down! Keeping track of how much you are drinking will make you more aware and will help form your new habit!
5. Try water flavor packs! Flavoring your water can help you drink up to 20% more water a day! Did you hear me? 20% more! And it tastes good! I do this all the time and it really helps for people who get bored with drinking pure water.

In addition to water, be sure to drink your fruit and veggie juices to help you stay hydrated. Not only does the water content contribute to your daily amount, but the vitamins and nutrients in juice is essential for keeping your body healthy!

Do you drink enough water? If so, how do you stay in the habit? Please share! I know I'm not perfect and I don't always drink as much water as I should, but I WILL today! Consider me armed and ready! I promise I'll drink it all!


water,keva kate,keva juice


It's hot out there, so stay hydrated and KEEP IT JUICY!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! What a blog! :D I am obsessed with KEVA JUICE! We don't have them where I live; but when I get back to school, my friends and I go about 3+ times a week! LOVE LOVE IT! haha Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete