Friday, August 28, 2009

Donate Blood. It's about LIFE. Pass it on.

Today I gave blood. *shutter*

I absolutely HATE needles and I am really not a fan of giving blood, but I do it because I can. I do it because if something were to ever happen to me or to anyone I love, I would want the supply to be there. Plus, they called me yesterday and told me that the supply for my particular blood type was low and I just wanted to do my part.

(I apologize in advance for not looking more...presentable. :) The weather is GROSS today!) Notice my Keva Juice cup tucked snugly underneath my arm. I was ready in case I needed a boost in blood sugar!!
Keva,Keva Juice,Keva Kate,Keva Smoothie Co.

Here I am with my wrapped up arm. I requested the yellow smiley face tape since it is so rainy and dreary outside.
Keva,Keva Juice,Keva Kate,Keva Smoothie Co.

The best part about giving blood (other than, you know, knowing that I'm helping people) is the free t-shirt! Doesn't take much to make me happy! Ha! :)
keva juice,k,Keva,Keva Kate,Keva Smoothie Co.

If you can do it and you are willing to, I highly encourage you to consider donating blood. In addition to helping save lives, donating blood is also good for your body.

* Giving blood every 6 months has shown to lower the risk of heart attacks and strokes in people ages 43 to 61
* Donating blood rids your body of excess iron. Excess iron is thought to contribute to early onset heart disease. This preserves your heart and vascular health.
* Giving blood regularly helps flush your body's circulatory system and keeps it healthy.
* An awesome added bonus of giving blood is that you get a free mini-physical where they inform you of your blood type, blood pressure, and iron level.

(Statistics provided by the American Medical Association)

Do you give blood? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment