Saturday, August 1, 2009

I am determind to relax today!

That's it, I'm putting my foot down! I am determined to relax today. I have been so busy lately, and some days I'm just not sure if I'm coming or going. And I don't like that. At. All. So, today I am just doing what I want to do. Yeah, yeah, call me selfish. :)

I got up this morning and met the Saturday morning running group for our weekly 4-mile run. I was so disappointed at my time, but hey, that's what I get for not pushing myself in the last couple of weeks. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'm just going to let it go and try to do better tomorrow! After the run, I went and got a Bananarama smoothie from Keva. The potassium in the bananas keeps my muscles from aching and they are an EXCELLENT recovery snack. As much as Future Husband of Mine and I run, I'm pretty sure our apartment is never without bananas and strawberries.

Last night, FHM and I went out to eat dinner. I have been craving a chicken caesar salad for the past week, so I already knew what I was getting. I was so disappointed!! It was THE GROSSEST chicken caesar salad. EVER. It had so much dressing that the lettuce was all wilty and, for some reason, it tasted like bacon. Gross. So, to get my fix, I'm channeling my inner chef and making my own this afternoon. I marinated the chicken in something new, so I'm hoping it is yummy! *keepingmyfingerscrossed* I love the caesar dressing made by Naturally Fresh. Who am I kidding...I love all of their dressings! If you have them in your grocery store, I highly recommend them!

Happy summer grilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment