Friday, October 9, 2009

Thirsty Thursday...on a Friday! :)

Sorry I missed a Thirsty Thursday posting for yesterday! Not that it is a good excuse, but I was out of town and writing out a long blog post is a little hard on the ol' iPhone! Today I bring you a favorite of mine. I simply LOVE the taste of peanut butter and bananas, so today is a Go Nuts for Bananas Smoothie!

GO NUTS FOR BANANAS
1 banana
1/8 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup soy milk
2 tablespoons honey
3 medium scoops vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup ice

If you really want to up the healthiness of this smoothie, try using a lower sugar peanut butter. The honey adds natural sweetener, so you can cut it out of the peanut butter and still have it come out yummy! Also keep in mind that the riper the banana that you use, the more banana-y it will taste! :)

I have so much fun stuff going on this weekend and I just can't wait! This afternoon, I'm going to be going on a LONG (10 miles, anyone?) training walk for the Breast Cancer 3-Day. Tomorrow morning I'm going to meet my Saturday morning run group for a 4-mile run. After that, I plan on hitting up a Fall Festival near my house. They are having a Chili Cook-Off and I can't miss that! Tomorrow evening I am going to a roller derby game and I am PSYCHED! I'm actually considering joining the roller derby team, so I want to go out and see how much they rock! For now, Sunday is up in the air, but I'm positive I can find some trouble to get into! :)

Just a reminder...I'm still raising money for the Breast Cancer 3-Day that I'll be walking next month in Arizona. Please consider contributing to my fundraising! It is 100% tax deductible and the funds go to support research, education, treatments, and other breast cancer initiatives. Also, if there is someone in your life that has been affected by breast cancer, please leave a comment below with her name or e-mail her name to me and I will put her name on a ribbon that I will carry with me all 60 miles. It would be my honor to do that for you!

Keva,Keva Juice,Keva Kate,Keva Smoothie Co.

THINK PINK and KEEP IT JUICY!

No comments:

Post a Comment